Last updated on September 17, 2023
Your Privacy Is A Priority to Us
As a U.S. based company offering products related to the preparation of U.S. federal and state tax returns, We do not market to nor target subjects of other countries including those in the European Economic Area. In addition, as a provider of tax preparation software, We may be considered an exempt financial institution under certain U.S. state privacy laws. While the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and various data privacy laws do not apply to Us, we meet and exceed all rules and regulations relating to data protection and security promulgated by the Internal Revenue Service and its Security Summit (https://www.irs.gov/privacy-disclosure/security-summit for more information) and comply with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
How and Why We Collect Information
We collect information to provide and improve the services and content available on our Platform, administer your use of our Platform.
When entering our Platform, we may record information necessary to provide you with access, for the operation of the Platform, and for us to comply with security and legal requirements in relation to operating our Platform. We also may collect information about your activities during your visit to our Platform to personalize your online experience, such as recording your preferences and settings, and to collect statistics to help us improve and further develop our websites, mobile applications, products, and services.
When you contact us for support, we collect information necessary to contact you, fulfill your request for information, grant you access to the product or service, and provide you with technical or other assistance. We may record such information for administrative purposes, for defending our rights, and in connection with our relationship with you.
If you purchase our products or services, we collect payment information to complete the transaction. We may collect additional banking information to facilitate refunds.
What Information We Collect
Information you provide to access and use the Platform
We collect the following categories of personal information that you provide when you interact with our Platform:
- To create an account on our mobile application, you are required to provide your name, email address, username, password, and information about your business.
- If you purchase our products or services, we or our third-party payment processor may collect financial information such as credit card number, card type, cardholder’s name, billing address, email address, and expiration date. Your credit card data is used only to complete the payment transaction and is not shared with anyone else.
- If you contact us (by phone or email) for support, we may collect your name, username, user ID, operating system, contact information, and details about your request. We may ask you to share your screen or chat with us via video conferencing, and we will always ask for your permission before recording any of these sessions.
Information we collect automatically
- Browser type
- Device identification information
- Operating system
- How often you use our Platform, including access dates and times
- Your activities on our Platform, including page views, mouse clicks, movements, and scrolling activity
- Events that occur on the Platform
- Performance data
- IP address
- Internet service provider
- Referring/exit pages
The information above typically is not linked to any personally identifiable information you submit on the Platform and cannot be used to identify specific visitors or users.
You may be able to limit access of some of these technologies at the individual browser or device level; however, this limitation may disable or limit some of the features offered. For example, our mobile application may send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running.
If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
Information you provide for customer testimonials, product research, training, and feedback
Finally, We may collect personal information such as your name and contact information, when you provide customer testimonials or feedback, or participate in our surveys, promotions, marketing events, trade shows, webinars, conferences, training, or product research. We also receive content you post on our social media pages and our community pages.
Our products and services are not intended for or directed to children under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
Use of Information
We use the information you provide to provide you services on the Platform. As permitted by law, we may also use the information you provide to address questions submitted to our customer or technical support systems, to send updates or security alerts, marketing messages, or to provide notification of new products, services, enhancements, and promotions. We may use your information to show you relevant information and offer you related products and services.
Lastly, we also use the information we collect to monitor and investigate fraud, identity theft, and other illegal activity; to respond to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal requests; and to personalize and improve our services.
Disclosure of Information
The privacy and security of your information is important to us. As indicated below, we may share your information to support the products and services you request, or provide your information to third parties, upon your specific consent, for products and services that may benefit you. For example, we may share your information with:
IRS and State Revenue Authorities: We disclose Tax Return Information only in accordance with your requests, such as when filing a tax return with the IRS or state revenue authority.
- Public Authorities: We may be required to preserve and disclose personal information including Tax Return Information, and any part thereof, without your consent as provided by law, such as, to respond to lawful requests by authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, a subpoena or court order, judicial process or bankruptcy proceedings, or regulatory authorities to protect against fraud and in compliance with the IRS Security Summit. We may also disclose your personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to protect your rights and safety, or the rights and safety of others. We may disclose your information to federal, state, or local officials to assist in the investigation or prosecution of a crime. As permitted by law, we may disclose your information to the IRS and Information Sharing and Analysis Centers (ISACs) to prevent stolen identity refund fraud (SIRF) and as related to potential cyber security threats.
- Acquiring Businesses: Your information may be disclosed in connection with an actual sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or transfer of all or a portion of our business or relevant operating unit. We reserve the right to transfer your information as part of the transaction. In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Service Providers: In some cases, your information may be disclosed to our service providers to complete a product purchase, to fulfill a service you request, or to market one of our products or services. Our service providers include companies that use Web analytics software or tools, deliver downloadable products, offer online software applications, or send emails on our behalf. While these relationships may require us to share information, our service providers are strictly prohibited from using your information other than to act on our behalf. For more information about some of our service providers, please click here:
For a complete list of our service providers, please contact us at
- Joint Marketing and Custom-Label Partners: We may provide information to individuals or companies with whom we have a joint marketing arrangement and/or that custom-label our Platform. We require all marketing and custom-label partners to have written contracts with us that require them to safeguard your information and prohibits them from selling, retaining, using, or disclosing your information for any purpose other than for performing the contract. We only share Tax Return Information with custom-label partners as permitted between tax preparers under Section 7216.
We may post customer testimonials on our website. These testimonials may contain personal information such as a customer’s name. We will obtain your consent to use your name prior to posting your testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, contact us at
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs and/or community forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at
How We Protect Your Information
RelyMarket understands the importance of protecting customer information and we have a team dedicated to keeping your information secure. RelyMarket meets and exceeds all rules and regulations relating to data protection and security for the tax industry promulgated by the Internal Revenue Service and its Security Summit (https://www.irs.gov/privacy-disclosure/security-summit for more information).
RelyMarket’s web-based and mobile applications secure information by utilizing a variety of security-related technologies including, but not limited to, multi-factor authentication, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, encryption, access controls and alerts. RelyMarket incorporates the use of SSL encryption facilitated by an Extended Validation SSL Certificate issued by a recognized trusted certificate authority to protect your sensitive data as it is entered into the system. We maintain Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance to ensure your payment information is safe. Additionally, our systems are routinely subject to automated vulnerability testing purposely exceeding the requirements of PCI compliance. This practice allows quicker identification and remediation of risks to the privacy of taxpayer data. Internal audits are performed continuously throughout the year to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and our internal information security policies.
We retain your information for up to three tax years to comply with our legal obligations, or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at
Your Rights and User Controls
You have control over your personal data and how it’s collected, used, and shared. You have the right to access any information held by Us that you either input directly or information collected as described above.
Request a copy of your information
Upon request, We will provide you with certain personal information you specifically request by contacting customer support at
Change or correct personal information
You may view, manage, and/or make changes to your personal information by visiting your account online at https://relymarket.com/ and selecting “Edit Account Information” in the My Account dashboard; by emailing our customer support; or via mail as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
Opt out of cookies and similar technologies
You may choose to opt out of cookies and similar technologies used on Our website. A cookie is a small file sent to a browser by a website you visit to help that website remember information about your visit. Other technologies, including unique identifiers used to identify a browser, application or device, pixels, and local storage, can also be used for these purposes.
Please note that if you do not accept cookies or other technologies, some features or activities may not be available to you. Also, if you use a different browser, or use a new or different device, you may need to renew your cookie preferences.
We work with the following third parties to provide services on or help us improve our site. Since business structures and relationships may change, the information below may not always be comprehensive or up to date. For a complete list of our third-party partners, please contact us at
To disable or reject third-party technologies, please refer to the relevant third party’s website. You can also learn more about managing cookies below.
You can also set your Internet browser (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, etc.) to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or to turn off all cookies (except Flash cookies). Check your browser’s Help menu to find out how. You can also use third-party tools to identify and make additional choices about many technologies, including cookies.
Most mobile devices allow you to manage how other technologies, such as unique identifiers are set and used. For example, the Advertising ID on Android devices or Apple’s Advertising Identifier can be managed in your device’s settings. Please reference your mobile operating system support documentation to learn more.
The following websites provide more information about your choices to opt-out of tracking through certain third-party advertising and analytics Cookies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance: DAA’s opt-out page provides information on companies that participate in its WebChoices tool and how to opt out using its browser tool.
- Network Advertising Initiative: NAI’s opt-out page provides information on its member companies that deliver tailored online ads and your choices to opt-out of receiving them.
- TrustArc: TrustArc’s opt-out page allows you to send requests to the companies that place cookies in your browser.
Opt-out of email communications
To unsubscribe from receiving general marketing messages from Us, please go to the unsubscribe page on our websites.
You can also write us at:
3610 Saturn Rd.
Garland, TX 75041
Any material changes to our policy will be immediately posted and made available to consumers on our website. Notification of changes may be made by email or by means of a notice on the Website.